My Care Path is bound by the National Principles under the Privacy Act 1988. A copy of the National Principles are available for your perusal from the Office of the Federal Privacy Commissioner.
My Care Path provides the following privacy statement:
What information does My Care Path collect?
My Care Path records information from persons who complete online forms, complete surveys or send us emails. This information is collected for business purposes. The types of information we keep on record will depend on the the type of form or survey you complete. Generally we keep a record of the following types of information about you:
- Information that you have provided which may identify you, such as your name, address and contact details which you enter in a form or survey on our website;
- Information that you have provided in the form of feedback or email; and
- Your permission to use your personal information for marketing purposes or to send you special offers from time to time.
It is not compulsory for you to provide us with your personal information which we may have requested from you for us to perform a service for you, however, without the specified information, we may not be able to fulfill your request or provide you with the service you require.
When you visit My Care Path, the following information is recorded for statistical purposes:
- Your IP address;
- The date and time of your visit to the site;
- The pages accessed and documents downloaded;
- The referring web page; and
- The type of browser and operating system that you use.
Note: No attempt will be made to identify individual users with their browsing activities, except in the unlikely event of an investigation, where the law enforcement agency may warrant to inspect the Internet log files.
How does My Care Path use the information collected?
All information disclosed to My Care Path may be accessed by authorised My Care Path Staff who may access your information to fulfill your request.
All information received from browsers is stored in a format for My Care Path’s own use.
If you have given us permission to do so, we may contact you occasionally to advise of changes or updates to our website and/or to advise of special offers.
If you send us an email we will use your personal information to respond to your request.
In addition to the above assurances, any information held by My Care Path and related individuals is held secure in a manner designed to protect information from internal and external access by anyone other than specifically authorised staff.
Changes to the My Care Path Privacy Statement
From time to time, we may use customer information for new, unanticipated uses not previously disclosed in our privacy notice. If our information practices change at some time in the future we will post the policy changes to our website to notify you of these changes and provide you with the ability to “opt out”(1) of these uses. If you are concerned about how your information is used, you should check back at our website periodically or contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
(1) “OPT OUT” is the description of a link on an email which when clicked enables the customer to request that their data no longer be included for this use.